There are certain things that really frustrate me. I mean really frustrate me. Sometimes at that moment I just have to bite my lip, hold my tongue, or escape to the shower and just scream. You may see me jogging down the street to relieve some of that frustration too.
But what really bugs me …
1. When my son thinks being held by me all the time is the next big thing of awesome things to do. Being put down results in world war three of screaming.
2. Holding a straight face is absolutely necessary at times, while being firm and disciplined. But those cheeky three year old ways makes those parenting morals go straight out the window. It is kind of funny, and I can’t help but laugh at the same time.
3. Trying to communicate to your husband that three stories suffices, not ten, and she will constantly ask for more just to stay up later at night. That is called the three-year-old-manipulation way.
4. Explaining to your mother that giving sweets and lollies to your child just before she drops her home after a day at her house is totally not okay as I am the one who has to deal with the hyperactive child, not her.
5. Trying to explain to your mother and in-laws in general that there are so many other ‘sweets’ you can give them, it does not have to involve sugar. Buy her a new colouring book, she will be a little girl in a lolly shop and you will still relish the same wonderful rewards.
6. Feeling frustrated is just the way it goes somedays, and that is kind of frustrating. But the moment I began to accept this, it kind of made the whole frustrating thing a little easier.
7. When your child gets picked on, a little bullied, that feeling of helplessness creeps in. Frustration is sometimes feeling stuck, a little lost and uncertain what to do.
8. That odd piece of lego is left out, and you just happen to step on it in the middle of the night while attempting to go to the bathroom, in the dark. Ouch.
9. Your bed is no longer just your bed. It is a storage compartment, a play den, a jumping castle, a place to fold the washing, a working space, and a place for the dog to escape.
Spill…what frustrates you most about being a mum?
Linking up with Essentially Jess.