There is nothing like a little sweet treat that is reasonably healthy too. These days, I am trying to find sugar alternatives. Lets just say, I am testing the theory that extra sugar makes toddlers go even more batty.
I have been meaning to make these LCM bars for ages. And, I was totally surprised by how easy they are.
The original recipe, which you can find here, calls for a few extra ingredients which I decided to leave out. And they are super yum!
1/2 cup Rice Malt Syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups puffed rice (or rice bubbles)
Pinch of salt
1. Line a slice tray with baking paper
2. Add Rice Malt Syrup, Vanilla Extract and Butter and cook for 3 minutes/ 90’C / Speed 2.
3. As the blades are still turning, add 4 cups of puffed rice, 1 cup at a time, Speed Gentle / No heat to combine for roughly 40 seconds. Add a pinch of salt at the end.
4. Pour into lined slice tray and press down evenly.
5. Place in fridge until cooled completely and set.
Do you love a little LCM bar too?
Linking up with Essentially Jess